Monday, August 29, 2011

Brianna is getting braces.

The day is here. Tomorrow morning Brianna is getting braces.  I've been working with Tommy about this.  Change is hard enough for him. Now we're looking at change with a side of sensory issue.  You know that saying "plan for the worse, and hope for the best"... I'm that person.


So we've looked at pictures of what braces look like (oddly enough, he's never had direct contact -that we can remember- with someone that wore braces.  Tommy has very sensitive sensory issues when it comes to the mouth.  Restaurants used to be VERY hard for him. To see so many people eating so many foods that he couldn't tolerate. Yeah, projectile vomiting on the way out of Ruby Tuesdays.  Happy Father's Day dad! hahaa   


So here I sit. Thinking, I really hope this doesn't cause a problem.  I mean, its not like she can just take them off.  He's just going to have to get used to seeing them everyday.  And, it hit me.  OMG. What if they make him... sick.  This is the kid that, couldn't be around ball pits. (all the colors mixed together would make him puke. Same with a bag of m&m's. We used to sort the colors and eat them all.. separately).  That will be something.  2 years of...


oh this is stupid.  I need to go to bed.  I think I need to get some rest for tomorrow.





1 comment:

  1. Wow - that is really interesting that the mishmash of colors would induce vomiting. I mean, interesting for me - difficult as hell for you all. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well and no bodily fluids are released. :)

    ReplyDelete